For those that know me, will also know of
my countless attempts of a diary. Stretching back to being five years old,
there are entries in various notepads with an earnest promise to write each day
in every single one. As of yet, this has yet to be accomplished. It’s with that
in mind that I start this travel blog.
I’ve always figured that when I’m old, I
would want to read about how I felt when I was young. So what makes this entry
different to all my previous attempts? It’s most definitely not the forum –
over the years I’ve tried every outlet to record my life: from journals to
voice recordings, and blogs to home videos. If one were to scour my bedroom –
as my mum is now threatening to do since I’m no longer there – you’d find a
collection of half-hearted attempts of noting daily occurrences of ordinary
school life and the common idealistic dreams of a child planning her future.
I’m hoping this blog will be different.
Partly as a result of leaving the ordinary behind and stepping out of the mundane by moving to the other side of the
world for nine months – completely by myself. Another factor would be that this
blog is part of an assignment into looking at cultural values held in other
countries and communities.
I already know that my main challenge will
be keeping these entries updated. As
much as I love to write and one day hope to make a career out of it… I’m not
(and highly doubt I ever will be) a reflector. I act without thinking, am
highly impulsive and find thinking before speaking an awful waste of time.
On the 25th January, I’ll start
my journey to Australia, where I’ll be studying until the end of June before
travelling until September. I currently don’t have any signal to post this
online – so it’s likely that I’ll already be in New South Wales before this
gets posted. Typically, I’ll already be running behind!
Whether it be friends, family, professors
or a random stranger who stumbled across this page – feel free to leave
comments below and I’ll make sure to reply! So here we go. I’m Keira, and I
WILL write soon.
Note: I've now been in Newcastle for three days and have found internet in the main building. Much to catch up on... cue the hasty entires!
No comments:
Post a Comment